You are here:Home/Blog/Diet/Cauliflower Protein Pudding Mousse Low Carb Low Fat High Protein Recipe...
Yep you read that right Cauliflower!
Cauliflower was my best friend throughout prep, partly because I’m allergic to too many vegetables to list, but also because it’s so versatile and can be used to add bulk to many foods.
I’ve really struggled with finding simple desserts that are low calories, low fat and low carb whilst I reverse diet. As I don’t want to bump my calories up to normal levels just yet, this little beauty works a charm for satisfying my sweet cravings for under 200 calories!
Before we get cracking on the recipe it is important to note that the taste of final product depends entirely on the protein powder and sweetener that you use!
Or if you don’t have anything like this handy your protein powder may be enough on it’s own. Otherwise just use anything you’ve got – cinnamon, ground ginger, cocoa powder (if you don’t mind the extra cals!).
A blender of some description
A steamer or a pan to cook your cauliflower
1. So firstly you need to cook or steam your cauliflower; you want it really quite soft but not so much as that it is disintegrating. I do mine for 45 minutes in the steamer.
2. The florets work best in this recipe so once your cauliflower is cooked take the time to remove any large stalks that are unlikely to blend (if you’ve got a relatively powerful blender you can ignore this step).
3. Place your cauliflower in the blender and add the 100ml of water.
4. Add your scoop of protein powder and blend on full powder until you are left with a smooth mixture.
5. Next add your extra flavour; in this version I’ve used 5 drops of BulkPowders LiquiFlav in chocolate. It’s important you check the sweetness as you go – too little and you will be still be able to taste the cauliflower!
6. Once you are happy with the sweetness you can add the 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum, this works to thicken up your pudding and make it more mousse like.
7. Blend one last time and transfer to a bowl.
That’s it! Done!
If you’re feeling Extra add a splash of Zero Cal Syrups and you’re ready to go!